Workplace Interiors LLC looking for candidates to fill the position of “MEP Engineer”
Our Construction & Fit-out Team, managed by experienced engineers and supervisors can carry out works in record period. This is particularly true when Workplace Interiors oversees complete scope and manages all process internally from design to procurement to planning and construction.
Job Description & Key Responsibilities:
• MEP engineer has to review plans and specifications according to the plan.
• MEP Engineer has to manage to oversee the work of subordinate staff contact architects or Engineers.
• MEP Engineer has to prepare plans, details, specified and cost estimated of plumbing, heating, ventilating, air conditioning and general piping system.
• MEP Engineer has to identify problems in design, plan, manage and deliver multiple projects.
• MEP Engineer has to plan, organize the review and evaluate the work of consultants, contractors, and others.
• Continually review the contractor’s construction schedule during the progress of the site works with regards to MEP services and report to the Project Director on the same.
• Manage the day to day work of the MEP team.
• In conjunction with the document controller, ensure that the filing/logging of the MEP documentation is undertaken in line with the project handbook and continually monitor the same.
• Review the Contractor’s installation method statements.
• Review Contractor’s shop drawings against the design [tender] drawings for compliance with the design intent and return to Project Director with appropriate comments/approval within the specified contractual period.
• Review contractor’s mechanical shop drawing in conjunction with the structural and electrical engineers to ensure engineering co-ordination.
• Where required prepare technical clarifications to the tendered design to suit specific on-site construction and co-ordination issues.
• Review Contractor’s mechanical services material proposals against specified technical performance requirements.
• Review Contractor’s proposed subcontractor(s) associated with the engineering works from a technical standpoint.
• Undertake general project site observation/inspection of the mechanical services works for Contractor’s adherence to the approved shop drawings and Consultant’s specification, good working practices, and construction schedule.
• Undertake a prior review of the Contractor’s proposed mechanical system testing & commissioning methods and schedule – MEP
Engineer roles and responsibilities.
• Witness on-site piped system pressure test, air conditioning duct leakage testing and another testing that may be required during the first fix works and advise the Project Director accordingly.
• On a spot basis, witness mechanical system final testing and commissioning.
• Review and comment on the Contractor’s testing and commissioning results and advise the Project Director accordingly.
• Maintain an on-going list of mechanical services defects for the contractor’s remedial action.
• Undertake final project snagging and prepare a list of defects for the Contractor’s action.
• Attend project, site progress and any mechanical services related technical meetings as directed by the project manager.
• Prepare draft site/engineer’s instructions, relating to the building mechanical services, as required and issue to the Project Manager.
• Provide advice to the Project Director in regard to any mechanical services related to variable costs that may be claimed by the Contractor during the course of the works.
• Review and comment on the Contractor’s Operation and Maintenance manuals.
• Working knowledge of plans, prints, specifications, and schematics associated with trade
• 5+ years of experience in construction sphere with working knowledge of MEP.
• Construction procedures and practices.
• Possess excellent communication and organizational skills
• Fluent in Azerbaijani, proficient in English – written and spoken.
• Proficient AutoCAD, Project Management software, Excel, MS Office, Outlook.
• Design Skills, Site Development, Planning, Conceptual Skills, Drafting, Problem Solving.
• Ability to prepare and deliver presentations to mid-level and senior management.
What we offer:
• Competitive salary
• Professional development opportunities
MEP Engineer is a professional classification responsible for planning and design in the area of Mechanical, Electrical and plumbing (MEP) system including developing policies standard, inspection procedure and evaluation tools for MEP matters along with prepare, review drawing, specification and cost estimates for the mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing.
The role includes the management of the MEP team to ensure that the day to day duties are performed professionally and expeditiously to support the ongoing progress of the project.