WE ARE HIRING
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC is part of Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (Movement), the largest humanitarian network in the world. The Movement is composed of the ICRC, the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and the 190 individual National Societies (NS). Each has its own legal identity and role, but they are all united by seven Fundamental Principles.
Partnership & Cooperation Officer - Barda
About the Job
The Movement Cooperation Officer contributes to developing and implementing the ICRC Delegation’s objectives for cooperation with the Movement with supervision and coaching from his/her line manager. S/he contributes to building positive relationships between the ICRC and the other Movement components, particularly the Azerbaijani Red Crescent National Society’s (AzRCS) branches. S/he identifies and follows up on capacity building initiatives and joint projects to be implemented by the volunteers and staff of the Azerbaijan Red Crescent branches.
This is a full-time position with the duty station in Barda.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Supports AzRCS branches in the area of responsibility of Barda Sub Delegation in terms of capacity building and operational partnership within the framework of the Cooperation department.
• Maintains an open line of communication with the AzRCS branches volunteers and leaders.
• Visits regularly frontline branches of the AzRCS and contributes to their organizational development through advisory and coaching to their volunteers.
• Supports ICRC operational departments in Barda Sub Delegation in capacity building efforts for the AzRCS frontline branches i.e. trainings, workshops, meetings etc.
• Maintains an overview of the other Movement partners activities in Barda area of responsibility.
• Exchanges Cooperation related information with all departments within the ICRC Sub Delegations.
• Manages the Cooperation filing system for institutional record the correspondence, keeping appropriate records of such communications.
• Supervises/monitors payments and allocations to the AzRCS frontline branches and follow-up on expenses to AzRCS staff and volunteers in accordance with the administrative and financial procedures
Desired Profile and Skills
• High Education (University or Institute) in Social Sciences or a related field
• Minimum 3 years professional experience in the humanitarian/development field or related field
• Experience in organizational development, capacity building and/or coaching is an asset
• Very good computer literacy
• Good rigor, method and analytical skills
• Very good interpersonal and communication skills
• Very good command of the English and Azerbaijani languages. Fluency in Russian is a distinct asset
• Experience working in an international environment and/or an international organization is a strong asset
• Cultural awareness and commitment to encourage diversity and inclusion in the workplace
How to Apply
Qualified and experienced candidates are invited to apply. You may apply by sending your CV (in English), a cover/motivation letter (in English), and scanned copies of relevant diplomas/certificates to the e-mail [email protected]. Within the cover letter, the application should be addressed to the Human Resources Manager, Baku Delegation. Clearly indicate the position title in the subject line of your email message.
Your cover/motivation letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range.
Deadline for receiving applications: 01 August 2021. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.