• Installing, Administering and Maintaining database server instances (Standalone, Clustered);
• Identifying, troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, connectivity, security, indexing issues;
• Performance troubleshooting and query optimization;
• Participating in system design;
• Installing, configuring, patching and upgrading database software;
• Regular security audits;
• Creating database login IDs, database IDs and assigning permissions;
• Capacity Planning;
• Performing database backups on a routine basis, validating backups and periodically test media integrity;
• Periodically restoring databases to test restoration procedures;
• Ensuring all incidents are logged in the help-desk system and prioritized appropriately;
• Maintaining documentation and compliance;
• Cooperating with other departments where necessary ensuring optimum provision and performance of the IT infrastructure;
• Maintaining daily data warehousing processes;
• On-call troubleshooting for database server operation.
You will need to have knowledge of:
• Core computer science foundation;
• Knowledge and hands-on experience in operating systems, servers, networks, security and maintenance;
• High Availability and Disaster Recovery;
• Notion of core Database concepts such as stored procedures, indexes, blocking and deadlocks, replication, clustering.
• Minimum 2 years in an operational support role with database servers (Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL);
• Experience of working in a fast-moving business where system downtime has a major impact on profitability and performance;
• Methodical approach with excellent attention to detail;
• Excellent written and oral communications skills with the ability to articulate technical solutions for both technical and non-technical audiences.
Candidates who meet the requirements above can fill application form on our website https://job.metak.az/vacancy/show/30or send their resumes to [email protected] with the Job Title “Database Administrator”.