WE ARE HIRING
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
Radio Operator - Barda
About the Job
As Radio Operator, operates ICRC’s telecommunications equipment, supports ICRC teams in the field by monitoring field movements, trains and briefs staff on the proper use of radio telecom equipment and applicable radio procedures.
This is a part-time position with the duty station in Barda.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintains radio contact and telecommunications between ICRC sites, vehicles and staff so that field movement can be monitored as per security rules.
• Distributes relevant communication equipment to staff for field operations and keeps strict record of in and out
• Advises field teams about routing, contacts, appropriate channels
• Provides Radio Telecom training and coaching to ICRC staff, including on telecom radio use and procedures
• Records and stores pertinent information about field movements
• Reports to concerned line manager any non-respect of communication protocols
• Transmits without delay any security threat or incident and reports all the essential details
• Consults Security Responsible in case of important events
• Respects and applies procedures and policies applicable to Radio Room operations
• Responsible of the efficient functioning of the Radio Room
• Responsible of the safe storage and good maintenance of communication devices, through regular checks and requests and necessary repairs
Desired Profile and Skills
• Good computer knowledge.
• Vocational training in electronics, telecommunication, IT or similar field is an asset.
• Proficiency and spoken and written communication in English and Azerbaijani language; Good command of Russian is an advantage.
How to Apply
Qualified and experienced candidates are invited to apply. You may apply by sending your CV (in English) and a cover/motivation letter (in English) to the e-mail [email protected]. Only complete applications will be considered.
Your cover/motivation letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range.
Deadline for receiving applications: 01 August 2021. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.