WE ARE HIRING
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
Forensic Programme Officer - BAKU
About the Job
The main objective of the ICRC’s humanitarian Forensic action is to promote and support the application of Forensic sciences to humanitarian activities related to the professional and respectful handling of the dead from armed conflicts, disasters, and other situations of violence and preventing their despoliation.
The remains of individuals must be found, recovered, documented and, where possible, identified and returned in a dignified way to their families and/or community. These tasks are the core component of the ICRC Forensic professionals, who will also help to address dignified treatment of the dead and prevent the tragedy of the missing people and to bring relief to bereaved families.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists with the implementation of forensic programs in the field.
• Assists with developing and maintaining contacts with interlocutors and authorities on all forensic-related matters at the local and national level.
• Assists researching, collecting, compiling, managements, and interpreting forensic-related information/data.
• Promotes the implementation of relevant up to date international forensic standards, including those applicable to missing persons and the management and identification of human remains.
• Participates in forensic / missing meetings, briefings, training sessions and workshops internally and externally and preparation of minutes of meeting and follow-up actions. Provides translation if needed.
• Assists with consolidation of forensic activities and information for quarterly forensic reports, as well as contributes to written internal reporting and activity programming (as part of institutional exercises).
• Fosters a conducive environment (multidisciplinary approach, good team dynamic) among team members.
• Upon request, carries out other tasks such as translating during meetings and of documents, writing minutes of meetings, official correspondence, participating to field trips to various districts among other tasks that may arise.
Desired Profile and Skills
• Graduate degree in criminalistics, medical, biological, or forensic sciences;
• Proficiency and spoken and written communication in English and Azerbaijani language.
• Experience in communicating and working with a wide range of people, including people of culturally diverse backgrounds;
• Good interpersonal and organizational skills;
• Ability to draft clearly and concisely;
• Demonstrated gender awareness and gender sensitivity;
• Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds;
• Ability to work under pressure;
• Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility and drive for results;
• Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems and actively shares relevant.
How to Apply
Qualified and experienced candidates are invited to apply. You may apply by sending your CV (in English) and a cover/motivation letter (in English) to the e-mail [email protected]. Only complete applications will be considered.
Your cover/motivation letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range. Deadline for receiving applications: 01.08.2021. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.