WE ARE HIRING
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
Geographical Information System (GIS) Officer - Baku
Geographical Information System (GIS) Officer will be supporting the geographical information system related data management processes for the ICRC assistance projects and their objectives.
• Participates in assessment missions of the target population according to set criteria and collects all geographical information system-related data from the fields where ICRC works
• Produces thematic maps, statistics to support the operational and reporting objective of the Delegation
• Participates in the elaboration of necessary data base/matrix as working tool for the several departments of the Delegation
• Supports in the monitoring and evaluation of the project implementation; proposes corrective steps if necessary
• Prepares and maintains full geo-referential data for neighbouring countries
• Technical college or University degree in GIS or related field
• 3 years’ work experience in a similar function
• Good command of written and spoken English
• Capacity to integrate and implement ICRC policies and procedures
• Confirmed capacity to work independently
• Capacity to train others in GIS
• Willingness of self-education in GIS and IT tools
• Good knowledge of standard GIS & GPS tools
• Very good database management skills
• Good analysis and synthesis capacities
How to Apply
Qualified and experienced candidates are invited to apply. You may apply by sending your CV (in English), a cover/motivation letter (in English), and scanned copies of relevant diplomas/certificates to the e-mail [email protected]. Within the cover letter, the application should be addressed to the Human Resources Manager, Baku Delegation. Clearly indicate the position title in the subject line of your email message.
Your cover/motivation letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range. Deadline for receiving applications: 01.08.2021. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.