VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT FOR Centre Exam Manager (CEM)
• Ensure a high standard of exam administration, customer service and compliance with regulations
• Submit all entries by the deadline
• Check examination materials when they are received and make sure they are stored securely
• Prepare the exams team: invigilators, supervisors, Speaking Examiners, Team Leaders.
• Arrange suitable venues
• Check listening equipment to be sure it is fit for purpose
• Contact candidates or schools with all the information they will need for their exam, including details of where the exam room will be, what time they need to be there, what to bring with them, your mobile phone policy.
• Be available to help with any last minute issues – this could mean being at a venue, or being available by phone to resolve any problems
• Ensure candidate results and certificates are distributed promptly, that candidates are kept informed and that any queries are dealt with quickly
• Set up and maintain a network of Speaking Examiners and Team Leaders following the requirements given on the support site. Prepare a written contract with any SEs or TLs who are not part of the ATDC staff.
• Give update training at least once a year to all invigilators and supervisors
• Read all communications from Cambridge English and take action where needed.
• Register your preparations centres and provide them with customer service.
• Maintaining contacts with clients (Universities, AzerCell, US embassy, etc.)
• Supervising projects, ensuring the highest professional standards for the staff.
• Create and evaluate training packages
• Building a cohesive and flexible team for effective performance
• Reporting to the director, line manager or supervisor.
• Responding to emails of the customers
• Collaborating with other teacher trainers
• Organising courses
• Organising conferences
• Overseeing all in-house training
• Higher education, a preference for a master’s degree;
• Minimum of 2 years of experience
• Strong organisational skills
• Experience of meeting fixed deadlines
• People skills – both for dealing with colleagues and members of staff and for dealing with preparation centres and candidates
• Customer service skills and empathy for the customer
• Confidence using IT systems – for example, confident with accessing information online and using online processing systems
• Team/people management skills
• Experience of taking responsibility and good at problem solving
• Open to collaborating closely with Cambridge English
• Budget experience may be useful
• Some experience of running exams is useful
• Some knowledge of our exams is also useful.
If you are interested to apply, please send a cover letter with a CV addressing relevant qualifications and experience to e-mail: [email protected]
CVs without cover letters will not be considered. In the subject line of your e-mail message, please mention the title of the position you are applying for. No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short-listed candidates will be notified for the interview.
There is a rolling deadline for submissions but the sooner the better and we reserve the right to close any interview process for any specialism once a suitab August 10th, 2021.